"Kaitlyn Assmann who?"
Kaitlyn Assmann is an artist who is looking to broaden her horizons in animation, illustration, and comic making. She graduated from Montserrat College of Art in 2015 with a BFA after concentrating in Animation and Interactive Media. Her primary interest is creating art for preproduction, but she is well-versed in 2D animation, traditional illustration, and digital illustration. Her animations have been on view in multiple gallery settings, including the "Across the Bridge" exhibition at the Salem Harbor Power Plant, and "After the Fact" in the 301 Gallery in Beverly, MA. Her current project is her weekly independent webcomic, "Glitter: Survivor of Earth".
My objective is to possess a career in animation that offers opportunities to develop my creativity in a productive manner.
- Proficient in Adobe Flash, Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro, and Illustrator, Final Cut Pro, and Microsoft
Office. Working knowledge of Cinema 4D and Adobe Muse.
- Strong understanding of the production and concepts of animation (from pre-production to editing) and
of other important concepts of art making.
- Skilled in both drawing and painting, with a strong knowledge of graphite, charcoal, pastel, ink, colored
pencils, acrylic paints, and oil paints.
- Experienced in working as a collaboration and with groups of consumers.
- Accustomed to a fast-paced working environment where quick decisions need to be made, schedules
need to be adhered to, and there are frequent jumps from one task to another.
Elite Freestyle Karate Reading, MA
Instructor April 2016 – Present
- Teach martial arts in a safe, constructive, and fun environment for students ranging
from three years old to adult.
- Conduct introductory lessons and complete the sales process for enrolling new
- Design, write, and execute promotional materials, including posters, notices, emails,
and handouts, using programs such as Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft
Subway Syracuse, NY
Sandwich Artist November 2015 – May 2016
- Created sandwiches and salads according to the customers’ and the company’s
- Listened to customers’ requests, read body language, and gave them a positive
ordering experience by remaining friendly and professional.
- Prepared ingredients in a timely, organized, and sanitary manner.
Montserrat College of Art- College Relations Beverly, MA
Work Study October 2013 - May 2015
- Researched contact information for the use of the college.
- Compiled lists of contact information found using the Microsoft Excel program.
- Assisted in the physical set-up of the “pop-up school store” and gave assistance to
Campus Kids NJ Blairstown, NJ
Camp Counselor June 2013 - August 2013
- Taught and supervised various activities including drawing, painting, comics, and
martial arts to different sized groups of children, both independently and with a
- Supervised a group of campers, ensuring their safety, punctuality, and happiness
while at camp.
- Collaborated with a co-counselor to identify problems and work out solutions.
Paragon Jousting and Adventure Theater Aurora, NY
Squire (Ground Crew) Summer 2010 - 2016
- Perform various roles at live shows. Roles include a squire, a fire demon, and Jack of
the Lantern for a specialized Halloween-themed joust.
- Ensure that proper equipment is given to the rider on horseback during the show in a
- Interact with patrons and other cast members within the environment of a
Fingerlakes Karate Auburn, NY
Volunteer Instructor 2008-2015
- Teach children from ages three to fourteen years old techniques and concepts of
Shorin Ryu Karate, both independently and with assistance.
- Give one-to-one instruction to students, focusing in on a specific need or desire.
- Maintain a safe and constructive environment within classes and among students.
Montserrat College of Art Beverly, MA
BFA in Animation and Interactive Media August 2011- May 2015
Copyright Kaitlyn Assmann, 2017
Animation and Interactive Media Graduation Award 2015
Senior Show Award (Juror’s Choice) 2015
Open House Award: Studio XL Merit Award 2015
Disney’s “Into the Woods” fanart contest (First prize) 2015
Dean’s Highest Honors 2011 - 2014, 2015
Open House Award: Hazen Family Fund Award 2014
Dean’s Honors 2014